lunes, 21 de febrero de 2011

Chinaa!!!

Hey guys!

Well, since I can’t facebook this because (dammit sofi!) I don’t remember my secret question’s answer, and the proxy I’m using to access facebook won’t show the pictures, probably no one will read this post, but I’ll upload it anyway.
I’ve been in china for 5 days now. The first 3 days I spent in Shanghai, and the past 2 in Guilin. It has been an awesome experience, and I’m so glad I came here! In Shanghai I met an Aussie girl, half Indian and half Pakistani who has pretty much travelled all over the world, and spent two days with her roaming the streets of Shanghai. We:
 Ate chocolate dipped strawberries in the Marriot (half price after 7).
 Were harassed by people in the street showing us pictures of pirated goods (lady! Lady! Buy bag! Luis Vuitton, Lady!... I feel so much like royalty now).
 Went to a massage place that was pretty cheap and although it smelled like cigarettes, the people were super nice and we laughed quite a bit even though they didn’t speak any English (they pointed our faces saying: pretty, and then signaled our legs saying something in Chinese that I’m pretty sure was: fat, we just laughed a bunch).
 Were stopped in the street again, this time by people who wanted to take pictures with us (you’re so pretty lady! Ha!).
 She also got offered a “sexy massage” by a guy in the street, we wondered for a while what in the world did that mean.
 I ate weird Chinese fruits that were very tasty and that I had only seen in cans before, and also chatted with a Chinese girl in my hostel, who was super nice and wanted to someday open an orphanage, and didn’t want to get married before she achieved it (but couldn’t tell her family about it).
 And a bunch more that I’ll leave for another occasion.

Then I came to Guilin (I can’t upload pictures, but please look it up, is gorgeous), but I’ll write about it some other time, because I’m a little bit sleepy now.

I’ve been missing you all a bunch, and I hope your vacations are as fun as mine (minus all the cheating taxi drivers and tour guides). I think about you every day (love letter much?) and I hope you think of me, even if it’s just a passing: “dammit sofi!” when you can’t find your keys, or when you drop something, have an accident, etc.

Lots of Hugs!!!

2 comentarios:

  1. Qué chori!!
    Probaste el rambután? http://buenprovechomadrid.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/rambutan4.jpg
    Y la manzana de Java? http://www.bea.esporrin.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/manzana-java-300x267.jpg
    Ñami ñami =)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Sofi! y la pasada por el starbucks :P??????

    ResponderEliminar